Wednesday 22 January 2014

Pretty Pastels

I don't know about you guys but I'm over the moon that pastel tones aren't disappearing just yet! I'm very much a girlie girl, and as much as I like an edgy look from time to time, my heart will always lie with soft shades! 
 
You will have to excuse the quick snapshots I did late last night...
 
 
 
I love this sleeveless turtleneck.  Normally I would avoid such a high neck line having a bigger bust because all it does is make you look even bigger. However the fact that its sleeveless and shows the shoulders and collar bone, draws the eye upwards and away from the bust.
 
 
The skirt is a beaut' right?  It is a lovely soft woven fabric, which means its a lot easier to walk around and sit down in. There is no 'traditional' slit up the back just one up the front which comes up just enough without showing to much thigh when you sit down. Sounds pretty perfect doesn't it? My only teeny tiny negative is, if you're like me and have quite a small waist but a good set of hips, you may find the waist a little on the big side. You could look at it as a positive though, because when you sit down in it at least it will still feel comfortable?!
 
 
Lastly the shoes. Oh the shoes!  I bought these before Christmas in the sale. I love the 'pewter' colour and you can never go wrong with a pointy court, can you?  I think the metallic effect shoes break the outfit up and give it that extra edge. I think I will definitely be adding a boyfriend coat for now though, its far too cold out!

Top: Asos, Skirt: Asos, Shoes: Miss Selfridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment