Tuesday 14 January 2014

A working Mummy...

My little princess is now 10 months old which means tomorrow, I'm back to work, and I'm dreading it! All Mum's who have been through this stage, will understand exactly how heart-breaking this phase is...

After Maisie's far from 'natural' birth, and me not getting that immediate bond time with her, I felt as though every precious moment, being by her side was even more important for our relationship and even to this day, despite her being perfectly healthy and happy, I still feel like every moment is as precious as those very first ones.

Every morning I get up with her and make her breakfast; at the moment she won't have anything other than mushy rusks of a morning, and yes we make an insane amount of mess in the process! I get her dressed and we play together. I do her physio with her too encourage her to reach all the milestones she should do (which she does, with no problems at all,  I am extremely proud to say!) I put her down for naps, and get her back up. I give her baths and splash about with her in the bubbles. I give her cuddles when she gets grumpy and tired. I sit with her and babble her language; it makes me smile every time, it's too cute. Last of all bed time; I sit and give her the last cuddle of the day, and it's always the tightest, snuggliest cuddle becuase I know it's the last one untill the following morning, and when she grabs hold of me and rests her sleepy head on my shoulder. I hold her even tighter. I give her so many kisses before I put her down and say goodnight. It takes so much strength to leave her to sleep. 

She is at the point at the moment where she wants to get around. If she could she would get up and run off, luckily for me she can't. She loves to stand up holding your fingers or furniture and with a little encouragement she will take a few steps holding onto you too. She isn't 
Really interested in crawling to be honest. she can hold herself in a crawling position but it doesn't last long before she lies back down onto her tummy. it won't be long though until she is up and about,and I'm going to need eyes in the back of my head! She is such
a clever, inquisitive and cheeky little girl. She is extremely strong minded; if she wants to do it she will. So with her being at such a curious stage in her life, I feel like im going to miss out on so much! 

The last ten months of my life this has been my routine. Maisie's routine. It's strange really, having a baby completely changed my life as it does for any parent. Its difficult, exhausting, at times stressful but its also the most incredible feeling in the world and I wouldn't change it for anything. I actually think that returning to work is going to be the hardest change yet. I know I will cry for at least the first couple of days leaving her at home. I don't want to miss out on her first steps or the first time she pulls herself up on the furniture. Now I know I will only be gone for four hours a day as my boyfriend frequently reminds me, and I have the comfort of knowing she is with her daddy. I'm sure that after a while, once I've settled back into work, it will be a good thing for both me and maisie. It will give me that bit of adult conversation and make me appreciate my time with her even more. 

Do you have any advice that can help make this transition easier for me and Maisie?  I'd love to hear it, so feel free to leave a comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment