Monday 2 December 2013

Let the Festive Season Commence...

So I'm a day late posting this, my apologies, but I had a busy one yesterday. It was the perfect start to December... something that has become tradition for me over the years. This year however, is going to be even better, for one very special reason...






You see, every year I go round to my Mum's house and together we put the Christmas tree up and decorate the rest of the house with lights, snowmen, Christmas bunting, you name it, its there. The house feels even cosier than normal. All I want to do is curl up by the fire and watch Santa Claus the movie. I love it, what better way to start the festivities than with the people you love most? Start as you mean to go on right? There we all are; my boyfriend relaxing on the sofa playing
 Mr Scrooge (or so he likes to act, he loves it all really though). Me and Mum are stood in the front bay window, decorating the tree very strategically. (We take it very seriously you know) :) and the extra special someone was sat on the floor with a ball in hand. My 8 month old princess, completely mesmerised by 'Happy Feet' on the telly. She didn't even blink!

What was even better is that once me and my Mum had finished decorating the tree and turned the pink lights on.... yes, pink lights! Her little, excited face was such a picture, completely melted my heart! It probably wasn't the best idea to take her too close to the tree like we did though, as she decided to pull the bells off and not give them back, the little tinker!



I have so much to look forward to this Christmas, so many firsts with my baby girl! Christmas dinner, opening presents, Christmas films. I can't wait to catch it all on camera! I have even more to be grateful for; a wonderful boyfriend, supportive family, great friends and my miracle baby! I feel so lucky to have all these lovely people to surround me.

So now I've shared my first tradition of December, what's yours? What makes this time of year so special for you?

please comment and follow me.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment